It is our mission to provide you with affordable, high-quality treatment that fits your budget! We offer a variety of payment options to meet your needs. Our office accepts payments by cash, checks, and credit/debit cards. If you have any questions about financing or payment, ask us! We will thoroughly explain your choices and work hard to accommodate your needs.
If your insurance covers orthodontic treatment, you will receive the benefit of reduced personal costs. Many insurance policies have a lifetime orthodontic benefit that is distinct from regular dental insurance. Insurance policies vary, so we will review your insurance to determine the appropriate course of action. Once treatment has started, we will file your claims.
To help us with your insurance filing, please complete the insurance questions on our questionnaire.
Please remember that orthodontic insurance is a benefit for you or your child. If, during the course of treatment, your benefits change, the financially responsible party is accountable for all charges.
What Your Fee Includes
Initial Examination by Doctor*
- Preliminary diagnosis and explanation of problem
- Recommendations for ideal timing of orthodontic treatment
*Initial Examinations are provided without charge.
Initial Diagnostic Records**
- Comprehensive orthodontic examination
- Study models of teeth, if needed
- Facial photographs, intraoral photographs
- Full head (cephalometric) X-ray
- Dental/jaw (panoramic) X-ray
- Functional evaluation
- Discussion of "good bite" relationships
- Comprehensive diagnosis of patients' orthodontic problems
- Comprehensive explanation of treatment plan
- Discussion of patient responsibilities/doctor responsibilities
- Oral hygiene instructions/food restrictions
- Explanation of risks and limitations of orthodontic treatment
- Review of financial responsibilities
**Our fee for initial records and consultation appointment is included in the total treatment fee and will be applied to the initial treatment fee. Should treatment not commence, no charge will be made to you.
Treatment of Case (average two years for full treatment)
- All materials and supplies
- Doctor and staff time
- Correspondence with insurance carriers including filing necessary claim forms
- Correspondence with other doctors
- All progress diagnostic records as required
- Chairside treatment progress reports
- All adjustments, wire changes, emergency visits***
***Should any of the fixed appliances become broken or lost through patient neglect or carelessness, a separate charge may be incurred for replacing them.
Retention (braces removed)
- Removal of orthodontic appliances
- Equilibration and enamel plasty (reshaping) of teeth as needed to improve aesthetics and function
- Construction of one set of retainers****
- Discussion of treatment result and retention plan
- Retention diagnostic records, if necessary
- All doctor and staff time
****A separate charge will be incurred for loss or breakage of any removable appliance.